KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC - Protecting Your Rights

Recent Posts

Lifting a Residence Restriction
What is Right of First Refusal?
Who pays for your child's uninsured medical expenses??
Thinking about divorce?
Quick and Easy Divorce?


Debt Collection and Credit Repair Issues
Divorce and Custody Issues
Driving While Intoxicated related posts
Interpretation of Child Custody Orders
Paternity Issues
Possession of Marijuana and Drug Cases
powered by

My Blog

Lifting a Residence Restriction

If your orders have a residence restriction, say "Bexar and continguous counties", and you want to change this restriction you should file a motion to modify these orders. This will give you a chance to modify the visitation and child support orders according. Can it be done? Yes!

What is Right of First Refusal?

Many parents are unaware that they can include the "right of first refusal" in child possession and access orders. Right of first refusal means that when a parent is unavailable to care for the child, they must first ask the other parent if they are available to care for the child. Usually this right need not be initiated unless the parent will be gone for a period of 6, 8, or 12 hours, sometimes even longer. Simply put, if a parent is going to go out for the evening, go to work, or even require medical care that will require them to be unavailable for a period of time, rather than call a sitter or a grandparent, the parent must call YOU. The Texas Family Code and psychologists in general feel that a child is best cared for when in the hands of a parent. So if you do not have this provision in your orders, you may be missing out on extra time with your child. Call KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC today to find out how you can modify your orders to include this provision.

Who pays for your child's uninsured medical expenses??

A common post divorce question is who pays the uninsured medical expenses? In most divorce decrees, the method for payment and reimbursement is spelled out. To speak generally however, usually the costs are split between the parties 50/50. The party incurring the bill should submit the bill/receipt for payment to the other party within fifteen days. The other party is required to submit reimbursement within 30 days of receiving the bill or receipt.

Thinking about divorce?

The tragic reality is that over 50% of marriages fail. If you or your spouse are thinking about getting a divorce, talk to an attorney. Learn what you can expect from the divorce process. Knowing your rights regarding your children, your property, and your money will help you prepare for your worst case scenario. Some people cannot afford to get a divorce. Do not assume you will receive a big child support or alimony check. Texas is very specific about these issues. Contact Jacqueline Kriebel today to discuss the particular facts of your case and learn what you can do to protect yourself and your rights.

Quick and Easy Divorce?

Are you tired of waiting for the staff attorney's down at the courthouse to review your divorce and set your case for a final hearing? KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC can help. If you have already filed your divorce pro se and the required 60 day waiting period has passed, we may be able to finalize your divorce in a matter of hours for a small fee. Do not hestitate to contact us to review your paperwork and get your divorce finalized TODAY! You are one phone call away from emotional freedom.

Having trouble with Debt Collectors?

Are you overwhelmed with debt? Are debt collectors calling you demanding payment? You are not alone. Millions of Americans are struggling with their finances in this downward economy. KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC can help you get your finances back on track and repair your credit history. As a consumer, you have rights! You have the right to demand that the creditor or debt collecter validate, or prove, that you owe the debt. And until they do, they MUST leave you alone. This is often a very difficult task for debt collectors as they usually buy your debt in bulk without any evidence you ever signed for the credit/debt to begin with. Without the ability to validate the debt, the creditor/debt collector must remove any negative remarks in your credit history. Do not delay, contact KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC today to start resolving your debt issues.

"No Refusal" Policy

Bexar County has enacted a "no refusal" policy if you are pulled over for a DWI that is in effect 24/7. What does this mean and what should you do? If you are pulled over for suspicion of driving while intoxicated, the "no refusal" policy means that the police want to test your blood for evidence of your blood alcohol level. Their "no refusal" slogan/phrase is misleading. The district attorney and police would have you believe that you are not permitted to refuse their request to take your blood. This is not true. You should always refuse to submit to their request to take the field sobriety tests, the breathalyzer test, and the blood draw. By refusing, the officer must get a warrant to take your blood. We can later challenge the legal sufficiency of the warrant in court. If you consent, then it takes away my ability to fight the legality of the blood draw. If you wouldn't consent to the police searching your home, then do NOT consent to their taking your blood without a warrant. Once the officer has a warrant, cooperate and be polite but do NOT give consent at any time.

Holiday Visitation Issues?

The holiday season is suppose to be a joyous time to celebrate with your family and children. However, with the ever growing number of divided homes the holidays can bring fear and sadness. Very little is more painful than for the other parent to withhold your child during your court ordered possession period. So what can you do? I encourage you to first try to reach an agreement with the other parent. If that fails, you must act NOW to get a court hearing BEFORE the holiday break. Have your day in court and allow the judge to warn the other parent of what he or she faces if she attempts to withhold the child. Judges do not take too kindly to people who do not follow their orders. A parent risks losing custody for "putting the child in the middle." If you are having visitation issues this holiday season, call Jacqueline Kriebel at KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC for a consultation.

Possession of Marijuana

Have you been arrested for possession of marijuana? Did the officer tell you he smelled marijuana? The odor of marijuana alone is NOT enough for an officer to search you, your home, or your car. The odor of marijuana alone is NOT enough to establish probable cause for the officer to arrest you. If you have been arrested for possession of marijuana, call Jacqueline Kriebel at KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC so we can fight to get your case dismissed!

Temporary Orders for Military Deployment

As of September 1, 2011, the Texas Family Code allows for a temporary change in child custody and child support orders for the duration of the military deployment without having to show a substantial and material change in the parties' or child's situation. What does this mean? If the conservator with the exclusive right to determine primary residence of the child is being called away for military duty, you CAN petition the court to change custody to the parent who does not otherwise have the exclusive right to determine the child's primary residence. This may also reduce your child support obligations for this time period.