KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC - Protecting Your Rights

Recent Posts

Lifting a Residence Restriction
What is Right of First Refusal?
Who pays for your child's uninsured medical expenses??
Thinking about divorce?
Quick and Easy Divorce?


Debt Collection and Credit Repair Issues
Divorce and Custody Issues
Driving While Intoxicated related posts
Interpretation of Child Custody Orders
Paternity Issues
Possession of Marijuana and Drug Cases
powered by

My Blog

Divorce and Custody Issues

Lifting a Residence Restriction

If your orders have a residence restriction, say "Bexar and continguous counties", and you want to change this restriction you should file a motion to modify these orders. This will give you a chance to modify the visitation and child support orders according. Can it be done? Yes!

Who pays for your child's uninsured medical expenses??

A common post divorce question is who pays the uninsured medical expenses? In most divorce decrees, the method for payment and reimbursement is spelled out. To speak generally however, usually the costs are split between the parties 50/50. The party incurring the bill should submit the bill/receipt for payment to the other party within fifteen days. The other party is required to submit reimbursement within 30 days of receiving the bill or receipt.

Thinking about divorce?

The tragic reality is that over 50% of marriages fail. If you or your spouse are thinking about getting a divorce, talk to an attorney. Learn what you can expect from the divorce process. Knowing your rights regarding your children, your property, and your money will help you prepare for your worst case scenario. Some people cannot afford to get a divorce. Do not assume you will receive a big child support or alimony check. Texas is very specific about these issues. Contact Jacqueline Kriebel today to discuss the particular facts of your case and learn what you can do to protect yourself and your rights.

Quick and Easy Divorce?

Are you tired of waiting for the staff attorney's down at the courthouse to review your divorce and set your case for a final hearing? KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC can help. If you have already filed your divorce pro se and the required 60 day waiting period has passed, we may be able to finalize your divorce in a matter of hours for a small fee. Do not hestitate to contact us to review your paperwork and get your divorce finalized TODAY! You are one phone call away from emotional freedom.

Holiday Visitation Issues?

The holiday season is suppose to be a joyous time to celebrate with your family and children. However, with the ever growing number of divided homes the holidays can bring fear and sadness. Very little is more painful than for the other parent to withhold your child during your court ordered possession period. So what can you do? I encourage you to first try to reach an agreement with the other parent. If that fails, you must act NOW to get a court hearing BEFORE the holiday break. Have your day in court and allow the judge to warn the other parent of what he or she faces if she attempts to withhold the child. Judges do not take too kindly to people who do not follow their orders. A parent risks losing custody for "putting the child in the middle." If you are having visitation issues this holiday season, call Jacqueline Kriebel at KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC for a consultation.

Temporary Orders for Military Deployment

As of September 1, 2011, the Texas Family Code allows for a temporary change in child custody and child support orders for the duration of the military deployment without having to show a substantial and material change in the parties' or child's situation. What does this mean? If the conservator with the exclusive right to determine primary residence of the child is being called away for military duty, you CAN petition the court to change custody to the parent who does not otherwise have the exclusive right to determine the child's primary residence. This may also reduce your child support obligations for this time period.

Divorcing and have children? Know your rights!

Contrary to popular belief, there is no favoritism or preference for mothers. Each parent can ask to be a Joint Managing Conservator. That means each parent has the EXACT same rights as to raising the children.
Can you have equal time with your children? Absolutely!
Does either parent have to be given the exclusive right to designate residence? Not necessarily! Do you have to pay child support? Not necessarily!
It is imperative that you speak with an attorney as soon as possible once you think you may be headed toward divorce. These are just a few of the many important issues that will affect you and your family for a lifetime.
Call today to find out how you can protect yourself and your children in the event of a divorce. Know your rights! Know your responsibilities!
Call KRIEBEL LAW FIRM, PLLC today for your FREE consultation!